I love red velvet everything, so I’m always looking for an excuse to make this classic treat. Red velvet is particularly popular around the holidays, so with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I knew I had to get creative and find a way to incorporate it into my Valentine’s brunch menu! So without further ado, I present to you, Red Velvet Waffles with a Cream Cheese Glaze!
These Red Velvet Waffles are absolutely delicious and are the perfect breakfast twist on a traditional dessert! They are so rich and fluffy, and the light cream cheese glaze pairs beautifully!
Plus, how dang festive are these babies?! They are perfect for a Valentine’s Day brunch, especially if you are like me and don’t want to face the crowds and fixed menus! So, run to the store, and whip up some of these scrumptious waffles for the ultimate holiday brunch!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbs granulated sugar
- 3 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp white distilled vinegar
- 1 ½ tbs Red food coloring (liquid or gel)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup – 1 cup whole milk
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Grease waffle iron and begin preheating according to appliance instructions.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat together the eggs, buttermilk, butter, vanilla, and vinegar on low speed until well-combined. Add red food coloring and mix.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Cook waffles according to your waffle iron’s instructions.
- Allow to cool for a minute and then drizzle with the cream cheese glaze. Serve warm and enjoy!
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, alternating with the milk and vanilla.