For every party, we all want those jaw-dropping uber creative menus that all our guests will be talking about long after the event, don’t we? I always envision my guests oohing and aahing over every dish they taste and just marveling in the originality of it. But let’s be honest. Not every dish we make can be that innovative and unique. Every party and event needs one of our favorite basic no-fail recipes, where we can just kick our feet up and know that it will be a success.
For me, Rice Krispie Treats can be just the ticket! I mean who doesn’t love a good Rice Krispie Treat? They instantly create a sense of nostalgia and remind us of a fun childhood memory. Plus they are an easy festive bite that you can customize to any party.
I recently incorporated them into our Ghoul’s Night Out Halloween Party, and they gave it the perfect spooktacular flare! I dressed them up by dipping them in white chocolate and then rolled them in some fun Halloween sprinkles! I grabbed some orange paper straws to use as sticks and voila! An adorable and festive Rice Krispie Pop perfect for your upcoming party! Change up the sprinkles and straw color, and you’ve got yourself a treat for any birthday party theme or holiday!
Check out our recipe below! Enjoy!
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini-marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 20 candy sticks or paper straws
- White or milk dipping/baking chocolate
- Assorted sprinkles
- Grease or add parchment paper to a 9x13 inch baking pan
- Melt butter in a 3 quart saucepan over low heat
- Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended
- Remove from heat and add the Rice Krispies; Stir until fully coated
- Remove Rice Krispie mix from the pan and press into your greased baking dish.
- Allow Rice Krispie mix to cool
- Once cooled, cut into squares, and insert sticks or straws into one end
- Melt chocolate in the microwave according to package directions being careful not to overcook
- Take one Rice Krispie treat by the stick and dip one end into the chocolate
- Immediately dip into sprinkles or shake the sprinkles onto the chocolate
- Place chocolate and sprinkle coated Rice Krispie Treat onto parchment paper to fully set
- Repeat for remaining treats
- If you really want to cut down the work (I do this A LOT), you can buy the prepackaged Rice Krispie treats and cut in half before dipping into chocolate.
Shop the Post!